OMVIC is governed by a Board of Directors of 9 elected motor vehicle dealers and three consumer representatives appointed by the Minister of Government and Consumer Services.
The composition of the Board is as follows:
- Two directors who are members of the Used Car Dealers Association (UCDA),
- Two directors who are members of the Trillium Automobile Dealers Association (TADA),
- Three directors who are members of both the UCDA and TADA,
- One director who is an independent dealer who may or may not be a member of a trade association,
- One director who is a franchise dealer who may or may not be a member of a trade association,
- Three directors who are appointed by the Minister of Government and Consumer Services.
The 12-member Board plays an important role by:
- Providing business direction to OMVIC,
- Ensuring its financial and functional viability,
- Ensuring operational and financial controls are working properly,
- Providing OMVIC with access to appropriate resources, and,
- Communicating and promoting OMVIC's benefits for consumers, registrants and government.
Board of Directors contact information
Please use OMVIC's mailing address to send mail to the Board of Directors.