This website is provided by the Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council (OMVIC), conditional on your acceptance of the terms and conditions of use set forth below.
By accessing, using and/or downloading materials from this site, you agree to accept and abide by these terms and conditions for each use and each visit to this site. If you do not agree to the policy, terms and conditions, you should not access this site.
OMVIC has the sole right to add, change or remove any part of the policy, terms and conditions at any time by posting changed Terms and Conditions of use on OMVIC Websites, and you are advised to review the OMVIC Websites for any changes. If you continue to use this site, you will be considered to have accepted all of the policy, terms and conditions.
If you chose to re-register with OMVIC online, you agree to (a) provide online true, current and complete information about yourself; and (b) maintain and promptly update on-line information about yourself to keep it true, current and complete.
User Names and Passwords
Some features of an OMVIC Website may be accessed only by use of a login name and password. You are solely responsible and liable for any use and misuse of your login name and password and for all activities that occur under your login name and password. For security reasons, you must keep your login name and password confidential and not disclose them to any person or permit any other person to use them, except an authorized OMVIC representative.
All login names and passwords remain the property of OMVIC, and may be cancelled or suspended at any time by OMVIC without any notice or liability to you or any other person.
You must immediately notify OMVIC of any unauthorized use of your login name or password, or if you know or suspect that your login name or password has been lost or stolen, has become known to any other person, or has been otherwise compromised.
Permitted and Prohibited Uses
You may not:
- sell material from this site or reproduce it for sale without the express written permission of OMVIC
- use this site in a way that could damage it or the material displayed on it
- interfere with site security or the security of linked sites
- disrupt or interfere with another person's use of the site
- use or attempt to use another's account, password, system or service without prior written authorization from OMVIC
- use this site or the information on it to send any type of mass email
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the restricted areas of this site.
Copyright, Ownership and Use of Intellectual Property
The materials (the “Materials”) contained in the OMVIC Website including without limitation, information, text, content, videos, software, photos, graphics and sound are owned by, and protected by copyrights and other proprietary rights in favour of, OMVIC and other third parties. All rights reserved. You may reproduce material from this site without permission provided that you do not sell or modify it and that you credit OMVIC and www.omvic.on.ca. However, upon written notice from OMVIC, you must remove or otherwise delete said material.
Certain names, words, phrases, logos and designs that appear on the OMVIC website are official trademarks, trade names, logos, visual identity and wordmarks are the exclusive property of OMVIC and, with the exception of Registered Dealers and Registered Sales Persons, may not be copied, imitated or used in whole or in part without the prior written consent of OMVIC.
Links and Third Party Content
Certain links on this site may take you to other websites. OMVIC provides these links only as a convenience. If you use linked sites, you will leave this site. If you decide to visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk.
OMVIC is not responsible for the contents of any such linked page or any other page not under its control.
Links do not imply that OMVIC sponsors, endorses, is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, visual identity or wordmark, or copyright displayed in or accessible through the links, or that any linked site is authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol of OMVIC.
You acknowledge that your use or reliance on the site, or any documents, materials, resources or references on the site or referred to or recommended through the site, including without limitation any service, product or information, whether provided by OMVIC or a third party (collectively, the “resources”), is at your own risk.
Neither OMVIC nor any member, supplier, agent or representative of OMVIC (collectively, the “representatives”) make any representation or warranty of any kind regarding the resources which are provided on an “as is,” “as available” basis.
The representatives do not guarantee, and make no representation or warranty as to the truthfulness, accuracy, reliability, correctness, currency, veracity or completeness of the resources or warrant that the site (or, to the extent applicable, any resource) will continue to operate, operate without interruptions or that it will be error-free, that defects will be corrected or that it will be free of viruses or other destructive elements.
The representatives have no obligation to maintain either the availability or the currency of the resources or to provide notice of any changes made to the resources, and take no responsibility for the resources or for any damages to users of the resources, however caused.
To the extent this website contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, or other message or communication facilities, you agree to use such forums only to send and receive messages and materials that are proper and related to the particular forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a forum, you will not:
- post or otherwise disseminate on or through this website harassing, defamatory, libellous, tortious, offensive, threatening, obscene or otherwise unlawful communications or materials of any kind, or materials which infringe or violate any third party’s copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy or other proprietary or property right or that could constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law, or any harmful, disruptive or destructive files, computer programs or similar materials, including without limitation computer viruses, Trojan horses or worms
- advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any commercial purpose unless such forum specifically allows such messages
- conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent. OMVIC does not have any obligation to monitor the content of its bulletin boards, chat rooms, or other message or communication facilities. However, OMVIC reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post and remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in OMVIC's sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of these terms and conditions.
This website may from time to time contain materials, data or information provided, posted or offered by third parties (which includes, but is not limited to, other registrants), including but not limited to postings in on-line community discussions. You agree that OMVIC shall not have any liability whatsoever to you for any such third party material, data or information.
You agree that the representatives will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damages whatsoever, including without limitation direct, indirect, punitive, exemplary, special or consequential damages or other damages (including without limitation damages for harm to business, loss of information or programs or data, loss of profit, loss of savings, loss of revenue) under any legal theory arising out of or relating to the resources or the use thereof or the inability to use the site or the materials in any manner whatsoever, even if any representative has been advised of the possibility of such damage or loss.
In any event, you agree that the aggregate liability of the representatives for all damages whatsoever, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, shall be limited to the amount paid by you to OMVIC, if any, for accessing this site.