Thinking of buying a car? Do you know your rights? What questions should you ask a dealer or private seller?
Attend a FREE Car-Buying Presentation!
OMVIC offers free Car-Buying Seminars throughout the province to consumer/community groups, first-time buyers, new Canadians and students, as part of its mandate to protect and educate Ontario consumers.
- OMVIC’s role as the industry regulator
- Consumer rights and protections (and when they apply);
- Difference between buying from a dealer and buying privately;
- How to review dealer advertisements;
- What dealers must disclose about a vehicle's history and condition;
- The dangers posed by curbsiders (illegal, unlicensed dealers);
- What to consider when choosing a vehicle;
- How to research a vehicle's history;
- General car-buying tips; and
- What you can do if you have a problem with a purchase.
If you’re interested in having OMVIC present a seminar within your organization or community,