Thinking of buying a car? Do you know your rights? What questions should you ask a dealer or private seller?
With today’s supply chain issues and the resulting shortage in motor vehicle inventory, car-buyers are faced with challenges when seeking a new car or truck. OMVIC will be hosting a webinar on December 15th at 12pm to assist car-buyers with navigating the car-buying process in Ontario.
This car-buying webinar will cover topics including:
- All-in pricing and dealership advertisements
- Dealership disclosure requirements
- Cancellations, when and if they apply
- Free educational resources
Consumers who participate will leave with confidence going into their next car purchase.
Attend a FREE Car-Buying Presentation!
OMVIC offers free Car-Buying Seminars throughout the province to consumer/community groups, first-time buyers, new Canadians and students, as part of its mandate to protect and educate Ontario consumers.
- OMVIC’s role as the industry regulator
- Consumer rights and protections (and when they apply);
- Difference between buying from a dealer and buying privately;
- How to review dealer advertisements;
- What dealers must disclose about a vehicle's history and condition;
- The dangers posed by curbsiders (illegal, unlicensed dealers);
- What to consider when choosing a vehicle;
- How to research a vehicle's history;
- General car-buying tips; and
- What you can do if you have a problem with a purchase.
If you’re interested in having OMVIC present a seminar within your organization or community, .