The MVDA Key Elements course is designed for current dealers, managers, and salespeople who have not previously taken the OMVIC Certification Course (i.e. those registered before 1999) and for those who did not take the Certification prior to 2010, when the new MVDA was introduced.
Course Content Includes the Following:
- Premises and Records
- Contract Requirements
- Disclosure Requirements
- Consumer Protection Act
- Code of Ethics Regulations
Who should take this course?
- Registered dealers, managers and salespeople who have not previously taken the OMVIC Certification Course (i.e. those registered before 1999)
- Registrants who completed the Certification Course prior to 2010 when the new MVDA was introduced
Completing the MVDA Key Elements Course
Students can complete the MVDA Key Elements Course in three ways:
Download the Course Materials Now
About the MVDA Key Elements Course Test
- All questions on the MVDA Key Elements Course test are in multiple-choice format only
- There are 40 questions and students have 60 minutes to complete the exam
- Students are required to achieve a minimum of 60 percent on the exam
- The MVDA Key Elements test is available both online and in-person.
- Students have 60 minutes to complete a multiple-choice test and are permitted to use the hard copy of the student manual during the test.
- For more information on online and in-person testing, including a list of test sites where you can take the test in person, please visit Georgian College’s website.
Registered dealers and salespersons that successfully pass the MVDA Key Elements Course and maintain registration with OMVIC are entitled to use the designation C.A.L.E.-Certified in Automotive Law and Ethics.” Using the C.A.L.E. designation builds trust, strengthens credibility and demonstrates to consumers that dealers and salespeople are proven professionals who have met OMVIC and Georgian College training standards.
OMVIC Project Office – Georgian College