Follow Us:


Credit Card Refunds

If a consumer paid by credit card, under Section 99 of the Consumer Protection Act, it is possible for the consumer to get the credit card company to process a refund.

When a consumer is entitled to a refund under the CPA and the dealer does not make the refund, after 60 days the consumer also has a right to request a charge back from his or her credit card company.

At the same time, the consumer could file a complaint to OMVIC about the dealer’s refusal to issue a refund.

The credit card company makes its own determination as to whether or not it will issue the refund or reverse the original charge.