Within five days following the event, the dealer must notify OMVIC, in writing, of:
- Change of dealer address
- Changes of officers or directors (if dealer is a corporation or partnership)
- The date of commencement of employment of every salesperson
- The termination of employment of a salesperson and the date and reason for termination.
Within five days following the event, the salesperson must notify OMVIC, in writing, of:
- Change of address
- Commencement of employment with a dealer (and date of commencement)
- Termination of employment with a dealer (and date of termination).
Within five days following the event, every dealer and salesperson must notify OMVIC, in writing, of:
- Any change to the information that the registrant supplied to OMVIC for the purpose of obtaining registration
- Any change in the consent that a dealer (or dealers) gave to a salesperson being employed or retained to act as a salesperson for more than one dealer.
For example, if the registrant had informed OMVIC on the application for registration of a charge under a law and the registrant is subsequently convicted, the registrant must inform OMVIC of this conviction, in writing, within five days of the conviction. Do NOT wait until the next renewal application to inform OMVIC of the conviction.
Note: There are further requirements for dealers to notify OMVIC, in writing, within five days of any event in which required records become unavailable due to “force majeure” (a catastrophic event such as a theft, fire or flood). This is covered in detail in Chapter 3 – “Dealer Premises and Records.”