OMVIC’s online services enable dealers and salespeople to conveniently submit:
- Dealer's and salesperson Renewal application 60 days prior to expiry and pay all required fees via VISA or MasterCard
- Salesperson Change Applications to transfer/add to another dealership(s)
- Individual Application for salesperson licence as a first time applicant or reinstatement
- Salesperson Cancellation Application to immediately remove a salesperson from the dealer's record
These online services will offer faster processing of applications. All users can check the status of their applications online.
In order to utilize OMVIC’s online services each dealer or salesperson must create an online account. To utilize these services, or create an online account, click the “Sign In” button.
The Following Information is Required to Create an Account
- Registration number (required only if applicant is currently an OMVIC-registered salesperson. (If you are a sole proprietor, you should leave this field blank i.e. do NOT use your dealer registration number)
- First and last name (as it appears on OMVIC certificate, where applicable)
- E-mail address that matches e-mail address on file with OMVIC. You will need to use an e-mail address that’s on your personal record at OMVIC. If you do not have an e-mail address on file, click here
- Date of birth
Additional Requirement for the Creation of a Dealer Account
All dealerships must appoint a Dealer Administrator to manage their online account. Once an online account has been created, a dealer can designate him or herself as Administrator or appoint another staff member as Administrator. Steps to create a Dealer Account and appoint a Dealer Administrator (DA).
Step 1 - An authorized person at the dealership (e.g. an Officer, Director, Partner, Owner, Person in Charge or General Manager) needs to create an online account by clicking Registrant Login (above) and inputting the required information.
Step 2 - The authorized person will immediately receive a confirmation email. They will need to click on the relevant link to immediately activate their account within 48 hours.
Step 3 - Once the account is activated, the authorized person can immediately log in to the dealer account and then click on the Dealer Management Tab to appoint themselves or any other person as a DA. The DA does not need to be a registrant. They can be an office manager or comptroller. In order to appoint someone else as the DA, you will need to have their name, date of birth and email address.
Step 4 - If the authorized person has appointed someone else as the DA, the DA will receive their own confirmation email. They will need to click on the relevant link to immediately activate their account.
Step 5 - You are done within a matter of minutes!
Still having trouble creating an account?
If you have any difficulty setting up your on-line account, click here to access Online Services FAQs or contact us at
, 416-226-4500 or toll free at 1-800-943-6002. It could be that OMVIC’s records are inaccurate or not up-to-date. You will just need to answer a few security questions and we should be able to verify your information while we have you on the phone. You’ll then be able to log in right away.
The new online services provide important tools and information that allow Dealer Administrators to:
- Submit renewals
- Submit payment of renewal fees and transaction fees
- Review registration renewal requests submitted online by sales staff
- Subscribe to notifications for both dealer and salespeople including: application submitted, application approved, registration is about to lapse and registration has lapsed
- Review history of transactions and renewals
Even if a salesperson does not sign-up for OMVIC’s online services, a Dealer Administrator will still be able to monitor and receive notifications related to the salesperson’s registration.
Dealer Administrators are not authorized to:
- Submit renewal applications on behalf of a salesperson
- Act as a motor vehicle dealer or salesperson unless separately registered as such
Appointing a Dealer Administrator
Only individuals in OMVIC’s records who occupy any of the following roles can appoint a Dealer Administrator:
- Person in charge
- General Manager
In order to appoint someone else as Dealer Administrator, the dealer will need the following information from the individual:
- First and last name (as it appears on his or he driver’s licence)
- Date of birth
- Personal e-mail address
Who Can Be Appointed as the Dealer Administrator
There are no restrictions on what role a designated Dealer Administrator can occupy (e.g., controller, office manager, payroll administrator); the Administrator does not have to be a registrant.
If an individual has been appointed as Dealer Administrator, he or she will receive an e-mail invitation from OMVIC which will allow them to create their own online account.