April 2, 2021 - Ontario Implements Provincewide Emergency Brake
Ontario Implements Provincewide Emergency Brake
The Ontario government announced that it is using its emergency brake to impose a provincewide shutdown, effective Saturday, April 3, 2021, at 12:01 a.m..
The government intends to keep the shutdown in place for at least the next four weeks for all 34 public health units across the province.
As the province remains in the shutdown, dealers may open to the public with these restrictions:
- Open for business but at 25 per cent capacity
- Dealerships are not required to operate by appointment only
- A safety plan must be prepared and made available upon request
- Retailers must post capacity limits publicly
- Retailers must have passive screening for patrons and actively screen employees
- Retailers must post signs publicly informing individuals on how to screen themselves for COVID-19 before entering the premises
- Individuals must physically distance and wear a mask or face covering inside the premises
- Masks or face coverings should be worn by everyone participating in a test drive
- Vehicles should be properly disinfected before and after each test drive
- Test drives must be limited to ten minutes
- A maximum of two people, including up to one sales representative, may be present in the vehicle during the test drive
- If two people who are not members of the same household are present in the vehicle during the test drive, any windows in the vehicle must be opened at all times
- Line-ups and patrons congregating outside must be managed by the venue, standing 2 metres distance inside and outside. Face coverings are required in line-ups
- Members of the public must not be permitted in areas where the products are neither sold nor displayed for sale
- Limit music volume to be low enough so normal conversation is possible.
Please direct questions about the restrictions outlined above to email@example.com or the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services’ Stop the Spread Business Information Line at 1-888-444-3659.